py2exe issues

Miki Tebeka mikit at zoran.co.il
Thu Nov 27 02:55:25 EST 2003

Hello Mark,

> Now I'm trying py2exe.  I use the bdist wininst
> method (?) and it seems to create all the files.
I usually use "python setup.py py2exe" and it works fine.

> However, nothing
> happens when I double-click the .exe file.  I saw similar behavior from
> Installer, so I'm inclined to think there's something wrong with the
> script.  It runs fine from my Python directory.  I am currently
> searching the code for any weird hard-coded pathnames or something like
> that, but I don't think that should matter.
Make sure py2exe create a console program and run it from a "cmd"
window.
If there any exception you'll be able to see them.

A wild guess whould be that your script is using some module that
wasn't detected by distutils and you get an ImportError, if this is
the case use the --force-import option of py2exe.

HTH.
Miki