True inconsistency in Python

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Thu Nov 13 23:53:39 EST 2003

Gerrit Holl <gerrit at nl.linux.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.726.1068754624.702.python-list at python.org>...

> (btw, I _do_ use bool ocasionally: I implemented an anytrue() function
>  using sum([bool(i) for i in L]), is this wrong?)
>
> Gerrit.
>
> --
> 128. If a man take a woman to wife, but have no intercourse with her,
> this woman is no wife to him.
>           -- 1780 BC, Hammurabi, Code of Law

It does not shortcut, i.e. it creates the full list. For the rest, it
is a matter of personal opinion if this idea is considered cool or
an abuse of sum. I personally, will propend for the latter, but since
we don't have yet an anytrue function in the library, for the moment it
can be tolered). Just my 0.02 E.

                  Michele