Looking for code

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Nov 18 17:28:45 EST 2003

Andy Koch wrote:

> Hello. I am new to Python and for the most part new to programming. The
> best way to learn to write is to read, so I have been looking for a
> website that has the code of programs written in Python. If anyone knows
> of a good place to find something like this, I would be very grateful if
> you could respond.

Almost all Python code is distributed as .py files, which is the actual
source, so you shouldn't have to look far to find it.

Start with the standard distribution: look under your /python/lib folder
(adjust path to your own situation) and check it out: more code than you're
likely to want to read right now. :-)

Also download just about *any* Python program, starting from links on
www.python.org, or searching at SourceForge.net, and you'll find lots
of source to peruse.

Also make sure you've followed through the tutorial and other beginner
materials, again linked from www.python.org.

-Peter