Explanation of macros; Haskell macros

Jesse Tov tov at eecs.harvREMOVEard.edu
Sat Nov 1 16:21:14 EST 2003

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com>:
> them. Now I don't know Haskell or ML so I'm also suffering from finite
> knowledge. Maybe one day I'll have time to learn one of them for
> myself and see if they really do offer better solutions.

The existence of Template Haskell indicates to me that there are things
people want to do with macros that aren't reasonably done in Haskell.  I
don't even know if I've ever wanted to do these things, because people
rarely miss language features that they don't know.

Jesse
--
"A hungry man is not a free man."      --Adlai Stevenson