Using debug print routine inside assert

Michael Sparks Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 07:38:51 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 Nov 2003 12:15 pm, Edvard Majakari wrote:
> What do you think, what is the best solution for this kind of problem? I
> for one wouldn't like to see myself writing assert(debug(...)) every now
> and then :)

I haven't got a solution to this, but I would be interested in a solution as
well. I came to similar conclusions some months back and have been doing
assert/debug for a while now, and the difference between -OO and debug is
diverging very heavily. (couple of orders of magnitude kinds of differences)

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk, +44 (0) 1737 839754