Problems sending list/tuple to a C extension.

Christian Seberino seberino at spawar.navy.mil
Sat Nov 22 23:28:56 EST 2003

Martin

I hope the mistake in this simple code is obvious to you:

#include <Python.h>

static PyObject* test(PyObject* self, PyObject* args) {
        int a;

        PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "(i)", &a);

        printf("a = %d\n",a);

        return Py_BuildValue("i", &a);
};

static char test_doc[] = "Does nothing.\n";

static PyMethodDef mapper[] = {
        {"test", (PyCFunction) test, METH_VARARGS, test_doc},
        {NULL}
};

void inittest(void) {
        Py_InitModule3("test", mapper, test_doc);
};

Here is me compiling and running...

% gcc test.c -I /usr/include/python2.2 -fpic -shared -o test.so
% python
Python 2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11)
[GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-4)] on linux2
>>> import test
>>> test.test( (3) )
a = 135386744
-1073750864