Python 2.3.2 & Netware

Jeff Davey j at submersion.com
Tue Nov 11 16:10:19 EST 2003

"Jeff Davey" <j at submersion.com> wrote in message
news:SGbsb.28840$jy.14513 at clgrps13...
> The new abend I'm getting is a General Protection Fault :), tracking that
> one down right now. Will let you know when I figure it out.

I have a bunch of printfs going to see what's up, basically, it finished the
'Type' type from _Py_ReadyTypes, and starts into bool... Interesting enough,
the printf I have at the end of the PyType_Ready function, gets corrupted
(as in, the static string is overwritten by something else) as it finished
the 'Type' type. It then proceeds to try and PyType_Ready the bool type, it
gets to the bases = Py_BuildValue("(0)", .base); line, inside there it dies:

bases = type->tp_bases;
if (bases == NULL) {
  if (bases == NULL)
     bases = PyTuple_New(0);
  else
     bases = Py_BuildValue("0", base); // ABEND is HERE
}
I was going to keep following, but I've sort of come to the conclusion
there's some major memory management problems (overwriting buffers, or
something along that way) with getting Python to run on Netware.

Now, I'm not sure if it'some setting I shouldn't have enabled in the
pyconfig.h, or something else, but I do know that Netware is a LOT pickier
than Linux when it comes to memory.

Any ideas maybe why I'm having so many problems with Python & Memory
Mangament ?

Jeff