import freeze

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Nov 25 07:40:43 EST 2003

Colin Brown wrote:

> I have never really got into pdb, it has always seemed too clunky and is
> difficult to use with multithreaded code. Somehow I think my time will be
> better spent working through other avenues.

Your call.  I don't really know much about PDB either.  In fact,
all I ever do with it is hit "s" (step), "r" (return), "n" (next),
and sometimes I evaluate an expression with "!expr".

I also use it to troubleshoot problems in multithreaded code
from time to time, as I recall, never with any particular problem.
I'm surprised more people don't use it because it's really rather
trivial to fire up and step through a few lines of code.  Clunky?
Maybe... but it works, and it's very very convenient.

-Peter