truly working multipart uploads.

Andrew Clover and-google at doxdesk.com
Sun Nov 9 08:24:38 EST 2003

Hunter Peress <hfastjava at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also, it seems that there really are differences between python's
> implementation and else's.

Why do you say that? I know of no problems with receiving file uploads
fields in either the standard cgi module or my own replacement for it;
if you are talking about *sending* multipart/form-data requests, what
software are you using to create them?

The main 'gotcha' with sending and receiving form-data is that with
Windows, stdin and stdout are not by default binary streams, so could
corrupt newline characters if they are in the file, causing parsing
problems. If you are using Windows, ensure you have binary streams
(eg. with python -u).

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com