command line arguments (newbie...)

Matteo Risoldi Matteo.Risoldi at cern.ch
Tue Nov 25 12:16:09 EST 2003

"Ville Vainio" <ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi> wrote in message
news:du7r7zwieyl.fsf at mozart.cc.tut.fi...
> "Matteo Risoldi" <Matteo.Risoldi at cern.ch> writes:
>
> > I knew optparse, and that would be nice, but I forgot to say that I have
> > stick with 2.2 (it's the version installed everywhere here and in the
> > centers which will use this script, and I can't expect hundreds of
people to
> > upgrade their python to 2.3).
>
> How about downloading Optik, which is "optparse for 2.2"?

Yes, I just realized the optparse was pre-existing as Optik - I didn't know
it, I am quite new to Python! :)

Well, I believe in the end I'll just do without the default value for the -t
option, it's not important enough to justify users having to upgrade Python
or download a module. Anyway, optparse is a great addition to 2.3, I can see
lots of good reasons for having it inside.

Thank you.

Bye
M.