Python's simplicity philosophy

Curt curty at freeze.invalid
Thu Nov 20 18:29:09 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> In your sample, there were no consecutive lines that were identical, so
> uniq did nothing.  Change the order of them, and despite still being
> non-sorted, you'll see that uniq is working:

Well, changing the order of the lines in my sample to ensure the
contiguity of identical entries _is_ sorting.  I don't know what else
one could call that procedure, but "non-sorted" appears to me to be
a rather provocative description of the modified sample which you were
constrained to alter in order that it meet a criterion whose existence
you deny.