tkinter, kde 3.2, and window manager size hints

Stephen Boulet stephen.no at spam.theboulets.net.please
Wed Nov 12 08:43:38 EST 2003

Testing the new kde 3.2 beta, I noticed that none of my tkinter (or any tk)
apps have maximize buttons. I submitted a bug report, and was asked to run
the "xprop" command on a tk window.

One of the "hints" a tk window passes to the window manager is:

<<
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
                user specified location: 0, 0
                program specified minimum size: 30 by 10
                program specified maximum size: 1265 by 994

Since the "program specified maximum size" was smaller than the display, my
window manager didn't add a maximize button.

Is this "program specified maximum size" hint something that I can change in
tkinter? Thanks.

--
Stephen
              From here to there