Does python always need to compile ENTIRE program before it c an start to run it???

Ellinghaus, Lance lance.ellinghaus at eds.com
Mon Nov 3 18:39:01 EST 2003

This approach is what I use for CGI programs. This allows me to not have to
have mod_python installed, but does allow me to have fast load times for
these programs. It is true, that the execution time of the CGI is much
larger than any possible load time, but this also affects the CPU load due
to the parsing and compilation phases. This is what really kills Perl CGI
program performance and can cause high CPU loads if many CGI programs are
run. By using the .pyc file as an import, that phase is skipped.

Lance Ellinghaus
EDS - TWAI Operations
Phone: 214-922-5454
Cell: 940-597-4755