manipulating the Windows Device Manager

Colin Brown cbrown at metservice.com
Tue Nov 18 14:37:39 EST 2003

"Erick Bodine" <erick_bodine at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:8de75d53.0311171056.407ab6f0 at posting.google.com...
> I want to be able to disable/enable a hardware device on a Windoze box
> for testing purposes through Python.  Cursory searches of the the
> win32all extensions, this group and google have not been too
> fruitfull.  There appears to be a route through WMI but I was
> wondering if anyone had done this already before I plumb the depths of
> MSDN.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ERick

My experiences with WMI indicate that it is an excellent way of looking at
hardware settings but has limited support for changing many of them. Search
c.l.p for earlier discussions about WMI. It might be worth looking at other
applications that provide COM support or can be driven via popen.

Colin Brown
PyNZ