Leo + Python: the ultimate scripting tool: Conclusion

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Sat Nov 8 17:04:02 EST 2003

> No, I think he means using Leo with a text terminal a la browsing the web
with lynx.

Whatever Aahz means, this idea has merit.

> Btw, a web based interface would be absolutely cool..
> Do you see chance to integrate Leo with, say, Zope?

There is some great work being done on Leo.  I've been very interested in a
Leo + Zope combination, though I still don't understand what it means.  Leo
as a "web app" would indeed be cool.  There have been discussion of using
Flash plugins to host Leo as well...

One thing I mustn't forget to mention: Rodrigo B. is working on "Leo on the
Net" (LeoN for short).  This will allow collaborative editing over the net
of a single .leo file.  This is based on recent computer science research
and is leading-edge stuff.  This is real.  See the screen shots at:
http://ryalias.freezope.org/souvenirs/leon/et2003 I would like Rodrigo to
present his work at PyCon 2004. We shall see :-)  For more details search on
LeoN on Leo's SourceForge forums.

Much of the reason for the 4.x code base is to support such things.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines