2.2.2 Annoyance

Miklós nospam at nowhere.hu
Tue Nov 25 15:44:59 EST 2003

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
news:m3n0akxqly.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...
> "Miklós" <nospam at nowhere.hu> writes:

[long explanation deleted]

Huh, that was really tough reading for an un-C-er..
Still I think I savvy the thing: there was a semantic change at the
underlying C implementation level.

I  understand the rationale for deprecating   '__getslice__' from v2.0
onwards was to make sequences and mappings to look more
alike. But then this change for __getitem__ should have been absolutely
introduced at that time or the semantics of CPython between 2.0 and 2.2
doesn't make sense in this respect... Am I right in that?

> Hope that helped!

Yes, I think so.  :)   Many thanks.

Best,
  Miklós
--
Jegenye 2001 Bt.
'amVnZW55ZTIwMDFAcGFya2hvc3RpbmcuY29t\n'.decode('base64')