Catching JavaScript in InternetExplorer with Python / win32com

Florian Fredegar Haftmann fredegar at haftmann-online.de
Sun Nov 23 10:59:12 EST 2003

Hi!

I'm working on a tool which helps in testing applications with web-frontends (on
Windows)
On thing I would like to test ist the occurence of JavaScript errors; the idea
is that the test tool does many request and actions on the Internet Explorer and
collects all errors (including JavaScript errors) together into a report. I've
setted up a framework for controlling an Internet Explorer instance using Python
and win32com, but so far I have not found anything to actually catch JavaScript
errors. Has anyone experience with that?

Thanks for all ideas,
Florian

P. S.
Python version 2.2.x