web guru advise needed.

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Nov 10 13:41:40 EST 2003

In article <mailman.604.1068482760.702.python-list at python.org>,
Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix) <Vincent.Raaijmakers at ge.com> wrote:
			.
>The web server requirements I'm looking at are:
>
>1) simple presentation layer processing. The HTML pages produced by
>server will be more focused on presenting images (dynamic), rather that
>fancy tables, frames, buttons.
>2) the framework has to be robust and FAST on performance.
>3) runs only on Linux, well not really a requirement, more a statement.
>4) runs on Apache (and/or Tomcat)
>
>What technology gives me the best performance?
			.
			.
			.
I hope I've misunderstood your intent.  When I first read this,
the impression it makes is that you have an interest only in the
one Apache-based Web server with "the best performance".  For
practical use, I think a far more satisfying approach is to look
for a system which is robust, high in performance, and maintain-
able, and *measure* its performance in a test environment to
estimate whether it is fast enough.  "Fast enough" can be a
considerably more useful criterion than "fastest possible".
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net