Compiling 64 bit python - using wrong stdlibc++

John Ky johnk at aurema.commercial
Fri Nov 28 00:26:43 EST 2003

> I recommend that you don't compile Python with a C++ compiler, i.e.
> by giving --without-cxx to configure. Then the problem of linking
> libstdc++ goes away.

I still need to setup LD_LIBRARY_PATH because it needs other
libraries besides libstdc++.  People are telling me I shouldn't need to
do this.  Maybe my box has a perculiar setup.

I'm taking your advice anyway because g++ is hopelessly slow and
anything that speeds up the build process is welcome.

Thanks

-John