programming languages (etc) "web popularity" fun

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Mon Nov 3 12:50:35 EST 2003

Alex Martelli wrote:

>> The point is, "the Python one" does refer to "Python in a Nutshell".
>> Are there any Nutshell books that came out after March 2003?
>
> Sure (e.g. Windows Server 2003 in a Nutshell in September; C# in
> a Nutshell 2nd edition in August; C++ in a Nutshell in May; and
> others, too, I'm sure).  O'Reilly is relentless...:-).
>

> Alex

Second editions don't count, as you cannot reliably discriminate the
references, and older references tend to stay on the web. So C# has a
headstart of one year, Java 7 years, Perl 5 years, C++ came out roughly a
the same time as PiaN...

Hey, that was a cunning trick to make me assert how good your book does,
reference-wise :-)

Peter

PS: I bought it a month ago, and I like it