py2exe question

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Sat Nov 1 11:58:26 EST 2003

Alex Martelli wrote:

> achrist at easystreet.com wrote:
>
> > The py2exe says that a console app should have the --console option
> > and a windows app should have the --windows option.
> >
> > What is the way to py2exe a python program that uses both console and
> > windows gui?
> > Haven't tried, but logically it should be a console -- this doesn't restrict
> what OTHER modules you can import, it just uses the equivalent of a .py
> script run with python.exe rather than a .pyw run with pythonw.exe, i.e. a
> "DOS box" console does appear when the program is run.

Logically, you don't need these switches.  Outside of py2exe a *.py
gets a console and can open gui windows, a *.pyw is a pure gui
program.  Why the switches atall?  IDK?  Thought I'd ask.

I'm having a little trouble getting a py2exe executable to run on
a machine wo python installed.  Just wondered if this has anything to
do with it.

Al