ActivePython or Python2.2.3+win32?

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Sun Nov 2 19:55:16 EST 2003

John J. Lee wrote on 02 Nov 2003 22:59:03 +0000:

> JZ <jroznfgre at jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes:
>
>> Who can explain me what is the advantage of ActivePython over  (1)
>> standard Python 2.3.2 instalation (from www.python.org)
>> plus (2) the latest win32? (I am using win32 box, of course).
> [...]
>
> Convenience (win32all as standard, package system for modules not part
> of the base ActivePython distribution), and integration testing of the
> packages they provide, I imagine.  No big deal IMHO, but maybe
> somebody knows better.

Docs are better. CHM file including a Dive into Python, the FAQ, PEPs, the
complete python docs and then some more in a format which is easy on the
eyes.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at bcrenznvy.pbz. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V
ernq gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.