need object crafts csv module pre-compiled for 2.3

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Nov 24 22:06:28 EST 2003

    >> Well, this just gets more confusing.  Are you aware that a very
    >> capable csv module comes with Python 2.3?  You don't have to do
    >> anything to get it -- it's already there.  It started with Dave
    >> Cole's module (which you linked to above), and Skip Montanaro did a
    >> lot of work on it after.  So is there a reason you can't use the csv
    >> module that comes with Python 2.3?
    >>
    >> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-csv.html

    rabbits77> precompiled csv module=drop in replacement new csv
    rabbits77> module=refactoring large volume of existing code Their is no
    rabbits77> real need to refactor a whole bunch of existing code just to
    rabbits77> use the newest thing. Doing so would be a waste of time. My
    rabbits77> time is better spent on other project areas.

You might want to contact the Object Craft folks directly.  It's possible
that they (Dave Cole, Andrew McNamara) have written a shim module of some
sort which will allow existing code to use the new module with the older
interface.  In any case, given docs for each module, writing such a beast
shouldn't be too hard.

Skip