Regular expression code implementation review between Tcl vs Python

Bernard Delmée bdelmee at advalvas.REMOVEME.be
Thu Nov 13 13:08:23 EST 2003

> _Some_ OS projects, such as Mozilla or KDE, appear to thrive on C++,
 > I believe, and enforce SOME subsetting effectively.

In the case of Mozilla, some guidelines are available at
http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/portable-cpp.html
I don't know whether this is still enforced, since this document is 5
years old. And it shows: no templates allowed (hence no STL), no
exceptions, no RTTI... Phew! Must be very frustrating to follow, but if
such is the price of portability...

Also, using C++ for implementing scripting languages complicates
interfacing to extensions in the form of dynamic libraries, because of
the various name-mangling schemes different compilers use. How does
boost solve that problem, btw?