Python's simplicity philosophy

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Nov 22 19:36:23 EST 2003

Curt wrote:

> Oh yes, you did.  Was that the contrived example he was referring to?
>
> I actually thought he was alluding to your contrived example which was
> a variation on the theme of my contrived example.  Why did I think
> that?
>
> Let's go back to the context of the whole shebang which you've cut.

This is exceptionally tiring.  I don't really care what the other poster
said.  You're concentrating on the one example I gave that you insist
involves sorting (which does not involve sorting the file, it involves
rearranging two lines which still leave the file in an unsorted state).

The fact is I posted an entirely different example -- which you have
completely ignored -- which demonstrated the functionality of uniq as
document and has absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably, nothing at all
to do with sorting.

/  \
\__/ I'm trying to forget / But I can't act as if we never met
    -- Chante Moore