a newbie

Ryan Spencer jeder at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 27 01:01:44 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:30:28 +0000, william_k_edwards2000 wrote:

> I am new to python.I have familiarized myself with Python through Doc.
> and, simple code.My question is really about pygame.Which is somthing I
> am very unfamiliar with.I could really use some honest advice about
> getting started in python or pygame.I would like to learn Python as my
> first programing language.IF somone could spare a litle time.I would
> greatly appreciate as i know it is really precious.Anybody with any
> suggestions on ways they might have started will be put to use.

Hey there William,

	I'm rather new myself, although I do have a background with some C
training but not much. I at least know the basics of how to work through
at the core of a computer system, but it doesn't mean you have to go nuts
and, say, learn the assembly language just to learn python. I just mean
some basic "Core" terminology.

Pygame is great, actually, but It would be best if you work around simple
stuff with python first (going through text before you hit into the video
world, I'd say). I personally haven't endeavored in any pygame programming
myself yet, but I've noticed the results with using it.

In my opinion, I would study a lot of the on line documentation while
writing up exercises, and if you get stumped, ask a question here to get
some human feedback. I too, would highly appreciate if somebody could
forward some exercises I could work through, as well. I found a number at
www.bembry.org in there python section (just go to the exercises instead
of notes), but after working through most of those, I'd like some
innovative ones for a change, just to get my noggin' a workin'.

Hehe, Well, I hope I've helped shed some light. Take Care!

~Ryan (I really have to start cutting down my posts :lowers head:, Haha)