Why no try-except-finally ?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Nov 5 04:47:58 EST 2003

KefX wrote:

> I dunno. Other languages such as Java support "try-catch-finally" (or
> "try-except-finally" as we're calling it), and I don't see how the
> lack of
> restrictions does anything bad like, say, reduce the clarity of code.

The claim is that some user polling indicated that newbies didn't really
understand how the try...except...finally syntax was supposed to work,
and thus it was eliminated for the sake of clarity.  I'm not sure I buy
the argument, but that's why.

/  \ Granted that I must die, how shall I live?
\__/  Michael Novak