prePEP: Decimal data type

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Sat Nov 1 17:34:56 EST 2003

"Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message
news:dbWob.79646$e5.2960856 at news1.tin.it...
> John Roth wrote:
>
> > "Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message
> > news:MTSob.78975$e5.2933818 at news1.tin.it...
> >
> > Alex, I think we've lost context, so I'm going to state,
> > up front, the context I see for the discussion. More
> > detail is at the back of this post.

[snip]

I'm going to quit this discussion, since you seem to have
some kind of snit to pick, and are hardly being rational.

One of the major things you do when you're having a
civil discussion is, when you don't understand something,
assume that the other person meant something reasonable
by it. You don't seem to be doing that. One example
(out of several that I'm not going to bother with) follows.

> > I was under the impression that the separate money type was
> > still in play, for the reasons stated in the pre-pep.
>
> Sorry, I don't see any mentions of money in the prePEP as
> Facundo posted it here on Friday -- perhaps you can quote
> the relevant parts of that post?

You don't see it in ***that*** pre-pep because it, quite
clearly, isn't in there. There also isn't anything in there that
says the Friday pre-pep replaces the previous one about
a money type either.

A reasonable, not to say charitable, interpretation of what
I said would have been to understand that I was refering
to the previous pre-pep, about the money type.

Bye.
John Roth