libpython.a

tracytripp at nomail.com tracytripp at nomail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:10:41 EST 2003

I am using Mac OS X and need to get libpython.a installed.  I know it is not installed by Apples default Python install so I have used Fink to download python and compile/install it but still libpython.a is nowhere to be found.  I believe it is supposed to installed into: /usr/local/lib/libpython.a
but alas, it is not there.  Any ideas on what to do here?  Perhaps grab the code from python.org and compile?  I was under the impression if you build python from source then that library will be installed.  Thanx,
-Tracy Tripp