Strange behavior in PythonWin IDE

Anders Eriksson anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se
Fri Nov 28 09:20:02 EST 2003

Hello!

I'm using ActivePython 2.3.2 build 232 on Windows 2000 and I have noticed a
strange behavior in PythonWin IDE (win32all build 163)

I'm from Sweden and we have a couple of letters in our alphabet that isn't
part of ASCII and the strangeness is about one of them

When I use the letter å (å) then the next character is eaten! Then
when I enter the next character (the second after å) the last one appears.

E.g.
I want to write the word: "låna"
I enter: "lå
I enter: n ,but it won't show
I enter: a , and the n appears
I enter: " , and a s appears
So in the editor I now have: "låns

If I then enter a " PythonWin thinks that I'm beginning a new string and
changes the color.

If I then save the file and open it in another editor. Then I have the
correct word: "låna"

But if I run the program from the command prompt I get this error/warning

"C:\Documents and Settings\ame\My Documents\My Scripts>python test.py
sys:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xe5' in file test.py on
line 1, but no encoding declared; see
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details

What is the error and what can I do to fix it?

// Anders

--
Womba Womba