Can't get wxGrid to work

GrayGeek jkrepsBEAR at FISHneb.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 18:21:06 EST 2003

Erik Lechak wrote:

> Hello,
>

>> self.gridPart2 = wxGrid(id=wxID_WXHAP2004GRIDPART2, name='gridPart2',
>>                 parent=self.pnlPersInfo, pos=wxPoint(280, 104),
>>                 size=wxSize(112, 176), style=wxSIMPLE_BORDER)
>
> Don't forget to self.gridPar2.CreateGrid(rows,cols)
>
> wxGrid isn't as dynamic or intuitive or whatever you want to call it.
> You have to explicitly tell it how many rows and cols you have.  Look
> at AppendRows, AppendCols, DeleteRows, and DeleteCols.  Dont try to
> CreateGrid more than once.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Erik Lechak

Thanks, Erik.  I had already read the documention on wxGRID but the problem
is that in Boa-Constructor the statement that creates the class
'self.gridPart2' is in the part of the wxFRAME class that has "auto
generated - do not edit" in the __DOC__ section.

The class is created by draging and dropping a widget from the tool bar onto
the frame.  I could create the class manually, but what the use of a GUI
RAD if you have to revert to manually coding controls?
--

-
GrayGeek