case-sensitivity

Ron Adam radam2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 20:18:44 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:26:42 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:

>Such a smart editor might HELP a little by SUGGESTING a case-correction
>when it appears unambiguous, even just for standard modules and the
>functions therein.  Maybe a menu-command for "suggest case corrections
>if any" WOULD be helpful in IDLE, and offer good cost/benefit ratio as
>a fun, not-too-terribly-hard project reducing human misery a bit...:-).
>

>Alex

It occurs to me that using a menu to suggest choices for name with
differing caps may actually encourage the use of differing caps.  I
hope not.   That is something to consider.

I wonder how difficult it would be to write a program that searches
the library and counts the number of instances like spelling with
differing case are used?

_Ron Adam