pickle complexity limit?

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Tue Nov 11 00:57:24 EST 2003

> > What do I do now?   I don't want to recompile with a deeper stack as
this
> > will obviously only help in limited cases, not solve the real problem.
>
> Read the pickle code, understand why it is recursive, and implement an
> alternative that isn't recursive, yet preserves the original semantics
> in terms of pickling order and sequence in which methods are called on
> objects. When you are done, please contribute your changes back, to
> sf.net/projects/python.

Being lazy, I think I will look for persistent storage alternatives instead.
I've been meaning to check out zope.  If I were to write something of my own
in this area I'd like to try something fresh, like transparent storage using
metaclasses.

So I guess I'll just have to remember that pickle is a toy for little things
like option storage.  What a shame.

P.S.  My messages finally all came through. I guess they got clogged up
somewhere.  Sorry about all the whining.