python a bust?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Nov 15 17:29:14 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:51:51 GMT,
	Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote:
> At the last bioinformatics open-source software developer meeting
> I went to, everyone was running either Linux or OS X.  People
> booted into MS Windows mostly to check comptability.

Similar anecdotal evidence indicates the same is true for astronomers, at
least the astronomers my SO hangs out with.  A friend also recently told me
of a family reunion where pretty much everyone had an Apple laptop except
him.

It makes sense -- these are technical people who want to do various
demanding jobs that can use a Unix infrastructure, but don't want to have to
wrestle Linux configuration into submission.

--amk