python a bust?

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Fri Nov 14 07:24:13 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 06:28:24 -0600, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> There's a finite number of dollars being spent on general Python books

Your calculations imply that increasing the number of books available on
a topic does not increase the amount of money spent on books on that
topic.

What evidence do you have for this?

How do you account for contrary evidence, such as the evident thought
processes of many (not least the OP of this thread) that "more books on
X => more interest in X => I should buy books on X"?

--
 \            "Why was I with her? She reminds me of you. In fact, she |
  `\             reminds me more of you than you do!"  -- Groucho Marx |