XML and Python by Ogbuji - book at amazon?

Andy Todd andy47 at halfcooked.com
Tue Nov 25 04:51:04 EST 2003

christof hoeke wrote:
> Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>
>> christof hoeke <csad7 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:<bpe0a6$snq$02$1 at news.t-online.com>...

[snip]

> thanks for the info. i consult all the above sites anyway but a good
> updates printed book would have been great as one has to dig through all
> the sites and available books to find answers. i thought your planned
> book would have been a great updated kind of "python and xml" book.
>
> but thanks and best regards
> chris

If you are determined to have a printed book, take a look at Python &
XML by Jones and Drake;

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonxml/

It provides a basic grounding in both Python and XML.

On a personal note I have read it and don't find it the best written
text book, nor the worst for that matter. The text sometimes assumes a
level of knowledge that isn't necessarily in keeping with the material
already covered. When this is the case it would be helpful if the
authors provided pointers to other resources where this knowledge could
be acquired but they are sadly lacking. Pointers to further learning
(such as, for instance, the ins and outs of XSLT) would also improve the
book.

Regards,
Andy
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/