can't figure out syntax prob

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Fri Nov 21 22:26:17 EST 2003

You need a colon after the parameter list:

class FileGroup:
  sourceDir = ''
  destinDir = ''
  frequency = 1
  recursive = False
  def __init__(self, fg):
     self.sourceDir = getSourceDir(fg)
     self.destinDir = getDestinDir(fg)
     self.frequency = getFrequency(fg)
     self.recursive = getRecursive(fg)

Notice also that I indented the next line (sourceDir =
getSourceDir(fg)). I assumed it was part of the __init__ function?

You also probably meant to prefix the variables in __init__ with
"self.". This binds those values to each instance.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org