PyQt, Qt, Windows and Linux

Jason Tesser JTesser at nbbc.edu
Wed Nov 19 09:20:04 EST 2003

HI,

> The "official" Qt3 book is due in February of 2004, and the
> included CD will include a non-commerical version of Qt 3.2.1
> for Windows [...] it appears that you will be able to distribute
> the Qt runtime DLLs with your non commerical application [...]

> This is great news for people who want to develop free Windows software
> with Qt.  Phil, do you yet know whether PyQt Non-Commercial will support
> this version of Qt?

True but with the original question that was asked his best alternative is just to
gpl the software and then he can develop cross platform for free. :-)  Then
he could even buy the personal edition of Black Adder which is great for the
price $79 or if you can get eric running you can use that.  I think BA is better
though and you will get better support from TKC.  If you are going to sell
software $400 is not a bad price to pay for the license to a gui like QT that
will run cross-platform.  If you are not going to see software and you are
going to use QT just gpl the project :-)