Ques From CS Grad Student

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 27 17:05:33 EST 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> > 1. How many members are involved directly, and how many peripherally?
> > 2. What do you use to drive releases?
> > 3. How often does the project release major and minor revisions?
> > 4. What tools do they use to manage the source?
> > 5. How does the Python project resolve conflicts between members?
>
> I'm sorry to say it, but the fact that you haven't got an answer to
> question 3, at least, hints strongly that you've made very little effort
> at all to research this on your own!

Likewise, answers for question 1 are also very easy to find, as is
question 4 (actually, once 4 is answered, 1 falls out automatically,
atleast partially).

> And some of the questions are next to useless, and appear to be
> repeated verbatim from some generic questionnaire that everyone
> in the course is expected to use.  "Drive releases"?  What is that
> supposed to mean?  The text editor used?  The revision control
> system?  The process?  What type of car they used to get to the
> sprints? :-)

I think the OP would be satisfied if he found the relevant PEP.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. This looks too much like homework for me to give a more useful
answer.