newbie : using python to generate web-pages

Rene Pijlman reply.in.the.newsgroup at my.address.is.invalid
Fri Nov 28 14:38:03 EST 2003

biner:
[Generating HTML]
>  Is there anything like that in Python.

"Python does not come with tools to generate HTML. If you want an advanced
framework for structured HTML generation, I recommend Robin Friedrich's
HTMLGen 2.2 (available at
http://starship.python.net/crew/friedrich/HTMLgen/html/main.html),
[...]
If your favorite approach is to embed Python code within HTML in the
manner made popular by JSP, ASP, and PHP, one possibility is to use Python
Server Pages (PSP) as supported by Webware, mentioned in Chapter 20.
Another package, focused more specifically on the embedding approach, is
Spyce (available at http://spyce.sf.net/).
[...]
For advanced templating tasks, I recommend Cheetah (available at
http://www.cheetahtemplate.org)."

Source: Python in a Nutshell By Alex Martelli
http://safari.oreilly.com/0596001886/pythonian-CHP-22-SECT-4

Based on this recommendation I've just started using Cheetah. It looks
like a great tool to me.
http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/

--
René Pijlman