On-the-fly parsers with Spark?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Wed Nov 19 22:20:25 EST 2003

I'm working on a project where I have to create parsers on the fly,
based on input to my program. I think Spark [1] seems like a good
candidate for the parser generation part, but it seems very geared
toward hard-coded parsers.

I could, I suppose, set the docstrings of the objects to contain the
generated grammars, but that seems sort of like a misuse. Does anyone
have any experience with "manually" constructing parsers with Spark,
i.e. creating grammars on the fly and constructing parsers from them?

[1] http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~aycock/spark

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                "In this house we obey the laws of
http://hetland.org                 thermodynamics!"    Homer Simpson