New to Python; Command equivalents

Code_Dark rooting_j00 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 02:30:01 EST 2003

Hi, I'm new to the Python programming language, and eager to learn. I
know C and C++, but I'm sure you all know that feeling when you just
_need_ a new language. I chose python because I'd heard good things
about it. I have python 2.3 installed on my computer, and I am glad to
say that I've created a "Hello, World" program. Right, the only
problem is that the only command I've been able to figure out is
'print'. That's quite a problem. I was just wondering if someone could
give me the  command for 'cin' or 'scanf' in the C-based languages,
and if it is required to define variabled before using them as in the
C based languages (such as ;int numbofPizza' in the beginning of the
program). Sorry for asking such newbieish questions, but I am, in
fact, a newbie. Please reply to this, or email me at
dshaw858 at hotmail.com ... the email address I use for my newsgroups
(rooting_j00 at hotmail.com) isn't regularly checked because of spam...
meh.

Thanks in advance,