win32com (VBScript to Python) problem

Tim Howarth tim at worthy.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 06:38:53 EST 2003

In message <bpve3m$shg$1 at news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>
          "Rony Steelandt" <bucodi at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Not knowing exactly what you want to do, just a question.
>
> Why use COM, shutdown is an exe so why not just execute it?

Using this method you can shutdown and poweroff (the 12 value) a
machine, shutdown.exe from the reskit leaves a machine at "You may now
switch off".

I want to use this to shutdown all machines in the school in which I
work from a schedule on a server.

I could use the VBscript version but there are long delays if a machine
is switched off - in Python I can thread the communication with
individual machines (to achieve this in VBScript I have to call a new
instance of w(c)script for each machine), effectively shutting them
down in parallel.

--
___