Rekall not longer available from theKompany.com - a fabrication

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Nov 7 05:50:20 EST 2003

[Richie]
> Your website (http://www.totalrekall.co.uk) says "The GPL version would be
> free for non-commercial use", which is a contradiction.

[Phil]
> There's nothing innacurate or contradictory in that statement. After
> all, the GPL *is* "free for non-commercial use"; it just happens to
> be free for commerical use as well -- and the website doesn't say
> that it isn't, it just omits to mention that it is.

You are right of course.  Let me be more precise (addressing John again):

The words used on your website seem to me to imply that the GPL version
could not be used commercially.  If that is the intention of those words,
you are mistaken about either the meaning of the GPL, or your power as a
copyright owner to control the application of the GPL to your code.  If
you release your code under the GPL, it can be used commercially, and you
cannot change that.

(I vote Phil for pedant of the week.  8-)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com