Problem with McMillans Installer

Mikael Lexén mikael.lexen at spam.no.volvo.com
Mon Nov 10 10:59:33 EST 2003

As always google is your friend. The answer to the problem is  and I quote

"""
Chad, Just change support/useUnicode.py to say:
"import encodings"

(codecs and encodings used to import each other, but not any longer).

 -- Gordon
"""

/Mikael

Mikael Lexén wrote:

> Nop I have
>
> import unicodedata,codecs
>
> but it doesn't help. I will try the mailing list. Thanks
>
> /Mikael
>

> Eric Brunel wrote:
>
>> Mikael Lexén wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have the following code
>>>
>>> fileName="test.txt"
>>> inputFile=file(fileName,'r')
>>> b = unicode(inputFile.read(), 'utf-8')