Leo + Python: the ultimate scripting tool: gui issues

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 10:28:10 EST 2003

"Edward K. Ream" <edreamleo at charter.net> writes:

> 2.  One of my hopes in writing the original series of postings was that
> there would be some discussion of integrating Leo with Emacs using pymacs.
> This may have started to happen. I would really like help with this project,
> and I'll support anyone working on such a project in any way I can. I think
> running some kind of Leo window on Emacs would be totally cool.

Have you come across allout.el and speedbar.el (a seperate tree browser
window)? Emacs has several outlining facilities amongst which allout is the
best IMO (I already use it for some of my python code) -- integrated with
speedbar this would supply quite a bit of the core functionality that leo
offers (plus, of course plenty additional functionality, most importantly good
editing and search facilities).

'as