Best method for an NT service and python to interact?

Charlie Orford usenetBLOCK at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 20 20:48:59 EST 2003

Hello all,
I have been asked to develop a python client that can talk to an NT service
(coded in C). Does anyone have any advice for the best way in which to go
about this task?

The NT service monitors file access. When a file of a specific type is
accessed I need to inform the python client.

Would it be better for the NT service to message the python client or would
it make more sense for the python client to poll the NT service at set
intervals (every 1000ms for example)?

Does anyone know of any online tutorials or examples that might point me in
the right direction?

TIA,
--
Charlie aka gpuk