Strange problems with encoding

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at pandoraSTOPSPAM.be
Thu Nov 6 13:30:04 EST 2003

>>P.S. I really need some weeks off so I can read all the available
>>documentation ;-)
>

> it shouldn't take you more than 15-20 minutes to learn enough
> about Unicode to be able to write Python code that processes
> non-ASCII text in a reliable and portable way:
>
> short version:
>     http://effbot.org/zone/unicode-objects.htm
>
> long version:
>     http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html
>
> </F>

I wasn't referring to Unicode ;-) but to the existance of site.py .
There still is so much I have to learn about python that I will need
those weeks badly. I only got halfway in Alex' Python in a Nutshell
(splendid book btw) which I already have since Europython :-(