minidom nodes without a document?

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Nov 24 17:42:59 EST 2003

mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no (Magnus Lie Hetland) writes:

> (1) hard-code a document into
> the parser (meaning, basically, that each parser instance can only be
> used once)

I would do this, and provide a reset() operation.

> I guess the latter is the way to go, but it does seem awkward that it
> should be necessary.

You don't *have* to do that - you could also create stand-alone node,
providing __init__ parameters as necessary. In that case, you would
bind yourself to a specific DOM implementation, though - and we do
reserve the right to change the constructor parameters across releases
(in fact, we did that in the past).

Regards,
Martin