Initializing forms in PyQT

tanner at rogers.com tanner at rogers.com
Fri Nov 21 02:51:34 EST 2003

I'm new to Python & PyQT so please bear with me.

I have a collection of QT Designer generated .ui files that will comprise
the app interface. These are compiled using pyuic under Eric3.

My problem is that these .ui files are still evolving, and that my mods to
the the forms' code get clobbered whenever I regenerate the .ui files.

Is there a method to embed python code in the actual .ui files themselves?
Or is there an accepted method of having a form either manually or
automatically initialize itself by calling a seperate file?

(The source code of Eric3 generally seems to organize related .ui files into
subdirectories, each of which contains an __init__.py file. I'm not sure of
the mechanics of how/when this file is handled.)

QT Designer generates stubs for SLOTS in it's code. I wish to over-ride
replace the SLOTS fuctions through the use of my seperate file. Any help or
comments is appreciated.

--
Please remove <nospam> to reply directly.